Illegal in Garbage, Recycling & Drains
Special Instructions

Explosive items must NOT go in any carts or bins or drains. Nor can they be disposed of through the County Household Hazardous Waste Program.

Any unwanted ammunition or fireworks can be surrendered to the San Jose Police Department where they will be disposed of properly.

Road flares may be disposed of as hazardous waste.